Dallas Restaurants That Are Open or Closed Due to Weather
Freezing temperatures and dangerous driving conditions – along with a number of other weather and electricity-related issues – have resulted in several restaurants in Dallas closing. Many have closed their doors before the snowy weekend and have to creak again. Some restaurants, cafes and the like brave the streets to reopen on Tuesday, likely with limited hours.
We will update this list as much as possible over the days. Write a comment or send me an email at [email protected] for leads.
Other sources that keep DFW up to date include Eater Dallas, that crowd-sourced Google sheet, and Dallasites 101, which has been actively sharing restaurants on Instagram.
Of course, if you want to patronize any of these areas, check that it hasn’t ended prematurely. Note that supplies are low so some menus may be restricted. The staff could also be low given the treacherous streets. Be safe out there and take care!
Last updated on Fri, February 19 at 3:10 p.m. When the temperatures finally rise, the restaurants open again. Some have suffered damage (burst pipes, flooding, total loss of inventory) so it may still be a while before restaurants fully return. Otherwise most of them Dallas spots are business as usual. Arlington restaurants that are under a boil notification are “only allowed to operate after the boil notification is lifted,” according to Arlington Health Services. For more information on boiling water news, see coverage of the Dallas Morning News.
What is open
Coffee houses, cafes, etc.
• Fiction Coffee: Open from 10am to 3pm on February 17th and 18th
• Le Bon Temps: Happy Fat Tuesday; Get some fritters and coffee from this Deep Ellum spot.
• Sip Stir Coffee House (Uptown, Highland Village): Open until 3pm with $ 5 lunch bowls, WiFi, and free filter coffee.
• Tribal All Day Cafe
• David Street Espresso
• Reunion Island: Coffee only and WiFi
• Type of coffee: regular opening times at both locations
• Val’s Cheesecakes: open until 4 p.m. (charge and / or warm up)
• Haute Sweets Patisserie: open until 3pm
• Houndstooth Coffee: Henderson Ave. open until noon, Walnut and Sylvan open until 2 p.m. (assuming they retain power as per social media update)
• Village Baking Co .: Open until 3pm (Travis; Greenville Ave. closed)
• Opening of the bell coffee: no breakfast tacos, but coffee, toast and warm bagels.
• Halycon coffee: reduced opening times from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm until February 19th.
• LDU coffee: open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Restaurants, taverns, pubs
• Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que
• Jeng Chi
• Malai cuisine
• BarNone: Open from 11am to 9pm
• Trompo: open until 9 pm
• Sunset in Granada: Open to everyone who needs a warm meal, some strength or a drink.
• TJ’s Seafood (Preston Royal): Open until 8pm with a limited menu
• Palmer’s Hot Chicken: Open until 7pm with a limited menu
• Ka tip: Open with a restricted menu
• Rex’s Seafood: Open with a limited menu
• Quarter bar
• One90 Smoked Meats: Hot grill and packaged meat available.
• City Tavern: Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. (kitchen closes at 10 p.m.)
• The Nodding Donkey: Open at 11am with a limited menu
• The Peak Inn: Kitchen open from 5pm to 1.30am
• Tasty Tails (Richardson): Open 11:30 am to 6:00 pm
• Pho Truong (Richardson): open until 8pm
• Wed Cocina: open for lunch at noon (Lakeside, West Village, Lake Highlands, Lennox, Chapel Hill, currently only Flower Mound); will judge the weather for the status of the dinner.
• Crab Station: Open today through February 18 in Fort Worth; live lobsters abound. Forced closure due to problems with the Fort Worth water treatment plant.
• Mike’s chicken
• Sakhuu Thai: Open from 1pm to 7.30pm, limited menu.
• Eataly Dallas: Open until 8pm
• Soco Good Eats
• Sushi marquee
• Shell Shack (Dallas, Mesquite, Plano open for lunch until 2am)
• Ebb and flow
• OMG Tacos (Richardson, The Colony): Open 11am to 10pm or until sold out.
• Kirin Court: Open from 11am to 5pm. Call ahead to check the status after 3pm
• Ai Sushi (Plano)
• Jaxon Texas Kitchen and Beer Garden: Open until supplies are depleted. Wi-Fi available.
• Nora Restaurant
• Ten50 BBQ: 12pm to 8pm
• Restaurants in the Harwood District: Happiest Hour, Magnolias Su Le Pont, Te Deseo and Harwood Arms
• Ascent + thyme
• The second floor at the stock exchange: opens at 4pm
• Greenville Avenue Pizza Company: Both locations are open from 1pm to 6pm
• St. Pete’s Dancing Marlin
• BuzzBrews (Deep Ellum)
• Westlake Brewing Company
• Maracas Cocina Mexicana: take-away and take-away meals, regular opening times.
• Cold Beer Company
• Cheba hut
• Bad Dog
• neighborhood services; City hearth; Montlake Cut; Yo! lobster
• Vector brows
• Maple Leaf Diner: Opening February 19th
• Cookie Society (Frisco): open February 19th at 11am
• Crisp and green
• Fireside Pies: All locations except Fort Worth
• 303 Bar & Grill
• Blue cenote
• Dillas quesadillas
• Bulla gastrobar
• Tacos 4 Life (Waxahachie)
• All Trinity Groves restaurants
Markets & Shops
• Deep Cuts: Open and serve beef stew for free.
• Bar and garden: limited opening times from 12 noon to 5 pm
• Cibo Divino: US $ 10 pizza, pasta and salad, US $ 10 NY strips (will be delivered last) and 10 percent discount on wine. The market expects to close on Wednesday.
• 7-Eleven open and delivery of water, eggs, snacks, wine and beer.
• 99 Ranch (Carrollton): Open until 5pm
• H Mart
• Zion Market
• Foxtrot Market: open until 6pm (University Park) and 7pm (Uptown); No delivery is available for either location. Warm up and charge your phone while you grab the essentials from the pantry.
What is closed
Cafes, cafes, etc.
• Xamán Cafe: Closed, but supplies the community affected by power outages with hot cocoa and soup (from 1pm to February 16 and 17)
• Full city tap
• All Ascension coffee locations
• Noble coyote
• Empire cheeks
• La La Land
• Delicious Vietnamese cuisine
• Homewood: closed until Wed February 24th
• Revolver Taco Lounge: closed February 16-17
• Petra and the Beast: closed until Friday 19th February
• Resident Taqueria
• El Come Taco
• Weird birds
• Taco and wine
• Meso Maya: all locations
• Bangkok at Beltline: Closed February 16-17
• New York Italians from Saint Rocco
• The broken souls
• RM 1220 Bistro
• Caribbean Cabana
• Sketches from Spain (and also wild detectives from siblings)
• Eno’s pizza
• Brown bag provisions
• Whiskey cake
• Sixty vines
• Las Palmas: no electricity
• son of a butcher
• On Knox; Georgie; Le Bilboquet
• Del Sur Tacos
• Asian mint
• DIVE Coastal Cuisine
• TJ’s Fish Market (Oak Lawn)
• Tacodeli (all locations)
• Malibu Poke
• Shell Shack (Denton, Arlington)
• Home Barbecue: All locations are closed until February 17th
• Lockhart Smokehouse
• Pecan Lodge
• Hutchins BBQ (Frisco): closed with reopening plans on February 19th from 11am to 9pm (or until sold out). McKinney’s location will remain nearby due to fire damage earlier this year.
Markets & Shops
• Bonton Farms